Five Easy Steps to Running for County Central Committee!
Learn about how important it is to be on the County Central Committee Here! Many County Central Committee seats are empty.
Running for County is pretty simple. Here is the information you need to get started:
- Locate your County Board of Elections (BOE). You can find yours at the directory on the SOS page Here.
- Find out if you need to file Form 2-M which you can find here, or Form 2-L which you can find here.
Form 2-M does not require signatures.
Form 2-L does require signatures.
Which form you need depends on your County BOE rules so you will need to contact them to find out.
3. Fill out your forms. If you are using 2-L gather 5-15 signatures.
4. The precinct location area on the form is a little complicated. To be on the safe side, you may want to wait to fill that part out until you are at the BOE or have a second form in case they deny it based on that part.
5. File your form no later than 90 days before the election. Let us know you filed in the form below!